Saturday, December 11, 2010

Alissa Czisny wins gold at ISU Grand Prix Women’s Final




Alissa Czisny


BEIJING – Alissa Czisny of America reached a career goal when she won the gold medal in women’s competition on Saturday, 11th November 2010 at the ISU Grand Prix Final figure skating event.


Czisny, who won this year’s Skate Canada, performed a graceful triple lutz, double toeloop opener followed by a powerful triple flip, double toeloop to George Winston’s “Winter and Spring”.


She won the gold medal with a total of 180.75 points.


“I was very happy to be able to stay on my feet today and very happy with my performance,” Czisny said. “Last year, being in this spot was only something I could dream of, but I’m glad I got here and my dream came true.”


Despite a left knee injury, Carolina Kostner of Italy came in second with a season’s best 116.47 in her free skate, giving her a total of 178.60.


Kanako Murakami of Japan was a close third with 178.59 in her first senior Grand Prix final since moving up from juniors.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment